I know this post is wicked late, but that’s ok. Last night, I collected my Christmas/birthday gifts from Phoebe and Dipper so that I could take a picture of them. The weekend of the 13th, we celebrated my birthday, Dipper’s birthday, and Christmas. It was a wonderful night! We ate pizza and wings, watched Suicide Squad, Phoebe put together LEGOS, I crocheted, and we had a blast. Present opening was funny, because we had Zelda running around the living room the whole time, and she kept trying to see what everyone was doing, without coming in range of someone being able to pick her up.
I don’t mean to brag, but I’m so happy with what Phoebe and Dipper got for me that I can’t help but brag about it! The only words I can use to describe it are “spoiled rotten”! I couldn’t have asked for better gifts.
- Graveyard Print – Dipper got this awesome little print offline. I intend to frame it and then hang it on the side of the basement where my library is, as well as my writing desk.
- The Casebook of Carnacki: The Ghost Finder – I haven’t read anything of William Hope Hodgson, so Dipper decided I needed an introduction. This is also one of our Book Club books, which he has read first.
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula coloring book – Dipper and I were out and about one day and we saw this on a shelf. My eyes just about bugged out of my head. Needless to say, I was overjoyed to know that it was finally mine.
- Joe R. Lansdale’s Christmas with the Dead – I haven’t unwrapped this movie yet, I’m waiting for Dipper and I to have a twin day so that we can watch it together. We both love Lansdale, I can still remember the day that I first found that out. I nearly fell over when I found out.
- Dead Rising Watchtower – I haven’t played the Dead Rising franchise much, but Dipper knows I can’t resist a zombie movie. Bonus points in that I haven’t seen this one yet. I think that might be on the docket for this weekend.
- Kira and Fizzgig – When it was announced that Funko Pop would feature The Dark Crystal characters, I was hoping they’d have Fizzgig. He is, hands down, my favorite character in the entire film. He comes packaged with Kira, and the detail is fantastic. When Dipper showed me the article, I was freaking out. These were the ones I HAD to have. The others in the set are cool, don’t get me wrong. But this is my favorite for sure.
- LEGO Batman figures – Phoebe came into the house like a mini tornado. She handed me pink fairy Batman and Eraserhead, explaining that she wanted to make sure that I had Christmas gifts that I would always remember were from her. And nobody else. Pink fairy Batman is spectacular! Eraserhead is just kinda funny looking. Both make me laugh every time I see them.
- Not pictured are the two comforters Dipper gifted us. I am so in love with the desert camouflage/fleece lined comforter that I have barely changed it out since I got it. The other one is a beautiful green-blue color, and I have yet to take it out of the package yet,
I will be posting another post later with pictures from our Christmas hangout, but I don’t have them where I currently am. Phoebe and Dipper were delighted with their gifts, and the tree looked awesome (because Phoebe helped me decorate it!).